November 30, 2009

Ingrid Michaelson: Album of the Week


Ingrid Michaelson is pretty much my favorite person ever. Ok, I don't know her personally so I'll rephrase that. She is one of my favorite artists ever. Her music is charming in every way, even when her lyrics are seemingly tragic at times. Whether she is playing the piano or strumming the guitar, she has the ability to write honest, raw songs and backdrop them with enjoyable beats.

Ingrid's most recent album Everybody came out in August of this year and the first single off the album "Maybe" just got added to VH1 last month. Her third album, Everybody has all the elements of a solid Ingrid album. The album kick starts with "Soldier," a melancholy track concerning trusting someone you love and continues with tracks on the same heartbreaking wavelength like "Are We There Yet?," "Sort Of" and "The Chain". The more hopeful tracks include "Maybe" and "Everybody," which is the overall theme of the album: "Everybody,everybody wants to love..." Overall, it's lyrically powerful and music wise, it's just delightful.

Check the video out for "Maybe":

1 comment:

Giovanna said...

Ok, fine, you've inspired me to buy her CD. or, maybe you can burn me some of your faves so I can then decide what I like. Thanks.