November 19, 2009

Rock out Dracula

Yes vampire fanatics, it is finally here. The sequel Twilight: New Moon is coming out tonight and I could not be more excited about the….SOUNDTRACK! (Everything about Twilight seems to underwhelm me. It’s written terribly, the acting leaves much to desire and the plot is just kind of—there. No offense Twilight fans a.k.a the whole population.)


The soundtrack, however, is loaded with ultra-talented artists. I’m most thrilled about Death Cab for Cutie’s contribution with “Meet Me On The Equionox,” a song that rightfully expresses the angsty emotions these fictional immortal teenagers must be feeling. Ben Gibbard never fails to disappoint with his beautifully tragic lyrics, even if he is recently happily married to the incredibly adorable Zooey Deschanel.

Along with Death Cab, the OST is filled with huge names like Thom York, The Killers, Muse, Bon Iver and OK Go. Needless to say, music from Twilight numero dos does not suck.

1 comment:

planetttelex said...

I couldn't agree more! Seriously, I'm usually embarrassed to admit that yes, I"ve read all the Twilight books and yes, I've even enjoyed them. The fist film's soundtrack was kind of... awful. But this one! I was shocked! Lykke Li wrote 'Possibility' specifically for one scene in the film, and it stuck in my gut more than anything. Pairing Bon Iver with St Vincent wasn't a horrible idea either. And of course, I'm a huge sucker for Thom Yorke... so I was bound to enjoy at least a few minutes of the soundtrack, regardless.