January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!!

First off, here is my disclaimer: I may have lied about this blog being strictly “indie”. I have tried (for the sake of consistency) but I simply cannot limit my tastes. I am a woman of versatility, in all aspects of my life, so don’t be surprised to find an entry about the great Jay-Z or The Counting Crows (one of my favorite bands of all time) or maybe even Taylor Swift (random, I know.)

As we begin to embark upon 2010, I want to look back on the past ten years and point out the artists, songs and albums that truly made an impact on my life and maybe yours. Amidst all the shit that may have deafened you on the radio or on TV, there was greatness. Here is a list of just SOME of the most fabulous artists of the past decade:

Coldplay- Yellow 2001


Jay Z- The Blueprint 2001

John Mayer- Room for Squares- 2001


Red Hot Chili Peppers- By the Way (LP) 2002


Death Cab for Cutie- Transatlanticism 2003


and

Plans 2005


Bloc Party –Silent Alarm 2005


Justin Timberlake-(Thank you for bringing) Sexy Back-2006


Tegan and Sara- The Con 2007


Feist-The Reminder 2007



…and the one album I couldn’t live without from this decade:

Garden State Soundtrack 2004


No comments: