March 22, 2010

1, 2, 3... Crows

Ok, so I know I spent my formative years in the early 2000s which translates to intense boy band action and blonde girls singing about genies.


(What's with the footwear, fellas?)

And while I hold a special place in my heart for 'Nsync and 'Oops I did it again', I find that I deeply connect with 90s alt rock bands a tad more.

Maybe it's because they have something more substantial to say.
OR maybe it's because thought processes occur before they begin to write.

Either way, I'm dedicating this post to the Counting Crows. The boys led by the infamous dreaded Adam Duritz have been around since 91 and are still going strong. Personally, I think they are more lyrically superior to a lot of bands out there. While a decent portion of their songs make me look out the window as I contemplate life with tears in my eyes, most songs make me want to dance in circles barefoot. Check out one of my favorites:



No comments: