May 12, 2010

Be sure to wear flowers in your hair..


Last week, I got back from one of the most relaxing vacations ever. Me and two friends decided to venture to Las Vegas for two days and then head to San Diego for the next five days. There is something about that west coast air. Living my whole life in Jersey, I have always considered myself a city girl. There is no place in the world like New York City and it will always be my first love.

But in reality, I'm a laid back girl. I'd rather lay by the beach all day. I'd rather be surrounded by beautiful sights. I'd rather be surrounded by cute boys playing guitars and playing impromptu soccer games on the sand. That's my Cali side. It's probably the only other place, besides Florence, Italy, that I would move to in a heartbeat (at least for a year).




And while I was there, I decided to make a 'California playlist'. I realized that there are 5.2 million songs about this place. Here are some of my favorites:


west coast-coconut records
san francisco-scott mckenzie
hotel california-eagles
beverly hills-weezer
california love-tupac
california waiting-kings of leon
california girls- beach boys
california dreamin'-mamas and the papas
california-phantom planet
holiday from real-jack's mannequin
ventura highway-america
into the great wide open-tom petty and the heartbreakers





No comments: