May 25, 2010

Oldies.



There's this tiny place in my heart that is a sucker for oldies. I'm talking Frank Sinatra oldies. Dean Martin. Ella Fitzgerald. Classic oldies with a jazz twist. Wikipedia defines it as Traditional Pop. Blame it on the hopeless romantic in me. Who knows? But sometimes, I find myself swaying my head back and forth to Ray Charles' You Don't Know Me or Harry Connick Jr.'s It Had to Be You.

Therefore, this post goes out to Michael Buble. You have to give the guy credit for letting the good times roll and keeping the Frank Sinatra in all of us alive. I first heard a Buble song when I was in Italy, surprisingly enough. (They go CRAZY for the man in that country. ) Anyway, I heard Home and his voice soothed me in that reminiscent way that only the oldies can do.


Listen to Haven't Met You Yet here:

No comments: